We offer unique places suitable for your comfort
1. Guest agrees to abide by all rules and regulations contained herein or posted on the premises related to the Rental Property. Guests obligations include but are not limited to keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common area and remainder of thepremises that Guest uses. Guests agree not to use the premises for any commercial activities or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Guest’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of guest occupancy with no refund of any kind.
2. In no event shall the Rental Property be occupied by more persons than the capacity of the property as stated on the web site or the confirmation letter, without prior approval by Owner. No fraternities, school, civic, or other non-family groups are allowed unless Owner grants prior approval. In no event shall Guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Guest making the booking must be staying at property for duration of reservation. No 3rd party bookings are allowed. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. Guests hereby acknowledge and grant specific permission to Owner to enter premises at any time for inspection purposes should Owner reasonably believe that Guests are causing or have caused any damage to Rental Property.
Guest further agrees to grant Owner access to Rental Property for purposes of maintenance and repair. If listed “For Sale”, Guests agree to grant access by scheduled appointment upon notification.
3. In the event Guest wishes to terminate this agreement, Travel Insurance, Damage Protection and any processing or administrative fees are non-refundable. The refund policy is as follows:
One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges (less 10.00% cancellation fee) will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. Fifty percent (50.00%) of the total booking charges (less 10.00% cancellation fee) will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 14 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 14 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
4. A minimum payment of 50% is taken by Owner at the time of the booking. Any remaining balance must be paid 30 days prior to the arrival date, or this Agreement may be canceled by the sole option of the Owner. An automatic credit card payment for the remaining balance will be scheduled by the Owner to be made 30 days prior to the arrival date. The credit card of the first payment is used if a credit card was provided. If the automatic payment fails for any reason, it is the responsibility of the Guest to make sure that the remaining balance is promptly paid in full, or the reservation will be canceled with no refund of payments made. Name on payment method must match name of party making reservation. All policies contained in this Agreement shall apply equally to payments made by credit card, check or cash and whether made via website, by phone or in person. Any refunds due to Guests from
a credit card payment will be refunded by credit card transaction less cancellation fee; all other refunds will be made within 30 days by check.
5. A security deposit is required (“Security Deposit”) and will be automatically reserved for the booking. The automatic reserve is conducted by putting a hold or charge on the Guest’s credit card for the amount of $150-500 (dependent on property) exactly 2 day(s) prior to the arrival date. The credit card of the last successful payment will be used. If there are no successful credit card payments, it is the responsibility of the Guest to send$150-500 (dependent on property) by check to the Owner to satisfy the Security Deposit requirement. If, at the end of the rental period, the rental property is returned undamaged beyond normal wear and tear, the Security Deposit will be released in full within five (10) business days. In the event of any damages, Owner will provide Guest with a full accounting of expenses incurred and deductions made from the Security Deposit. Should the damages exceed the amount of the Security Deposit, Guest agrees to pay the balance within five (5) business days after receiving notification.
Deductions from Security Deposit may include, but are not limited to: excess cleaning fee, hot tub draining and refilling fee, trash removal fee, biohazard removal fee, missing item replacement costs, damaged item replacement or repair costs, repair costs of buildings or grounds, or other service call fees. Owner is under no obligation to use the least expensive means of restoration.
6. Government issued ID(s) of all Guests over 18 years of age must be submitted within 48 hours of booking. If ID(s) are not received within 48 hours, reservation will be canceled without refund of any kind. In the event the booking is made less than 48 hours before reservation begins, ID(s) must be received prior to check-in instructions being issued to Guest. The name on ID of Guest making booking must match name on booking, credit card on file and signature on rental agreement.
7. Regular payments and security deposits for the booking will be displayed as HAVEN VACATION RENTAL on the Guest’s credit card statement.
8. Guests must obtain permission from the Owner to have pets on the Rental Property. If permission is not given by the Owner, any pet(s) found in or about the Rental Property will be grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
9. Guests must inform the Owner of their intention to bring children and the specific number. A child is defined as any person under the age of 18. Children are included in the total guest count.
10. No refunds will be provided due to inoperable appliances, pools, hot tubs, elevators, etc.
The Owner will make every reasonable effort to assure that such appliances will be and remain in good working order. No refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding, snow, pests, construction at adjacent properties, or mandatory evacuations of the area by county officials due to hurricanes or other potentially dangerous situations arising from acts of god or nature.
11. Telephones in the Rental Property may be blocked to allow local calls only. Guest may need a calling card in order to make long distance calls from the Rental Property. The Owner may choose at the Owner’s sole discretion to allow long distance telephone calls to be made for free. If the Owner has not clearly listed that as a feature of the Rental Property on the website, confirmation letter or marketing material, Guest must assume that long distance telephone calls are not allowed.
12. Guest is responsible for all shipping costs for any Lost and Found items that Owner is requested to return to Guest. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of Owner.
13. If a hot tub or pool is provided at the Rental Property, it will be prepared and tested for proper and safe chemicals prior to or on the day of occupancy. Misuse of a hot tub or pool by the spilling of foreign substances into the pool, i.e. soap, shampoo, oils, glass or metal will result in a Service Call Charge at the sole discretion of Owner. Rules of hot tub/pool posted on site must be followed Guest and any other person using them. Under no circumstances are pets or children under 6 years of age allowed in pools or hot tubs. Violation of this provision shall be grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
14. Ponds and Lakes. This applies for all water front properties. The pond/lake is not fenced. Guests swim at their own risk. There should always be a person monitoring swimmers in case of an emergency.
15. If linens or towels are supplied with Rental Property, Guest is responsible for replacement cost of lost or damaged items.
16. Locked door(s) and/or utility areas are not accessible to Guest(s). Guest(s) acknowledges there may be video recording devices for the purpose of monitoring utilities in these areas.
17. Parking permitted as described in the property listing. No parking on the street or on lawn unless specified in your parking instructions.
18. Properties may have video recording devices to monitor exterior access to property. Noise decibal monitoring devices may be present at the property. Neither of these devices record sound.
19. Good Neighbor Policy. Be respectful of property boundaries. Leave no trace when you head outside. Be respectful of the locals and other guests in your neighborhood and kindly keep the noise down between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am. No parking on neighbor’s property or in their driveway. Do not approach the neighbor if you are locked out of the property or need help with plumbing or other repairs. Contact the property manager directly for these and any other issues during your stay. Guest(s) shall not disturb the health, safety, peace or comfort of the neighborhood or otherwise create a public nuisance.
20. All Guest(s) will be subject to New York Penal Law §240.20 or any successor statute regarding disorderly conduct.
21. Littering is illegal.
22. All fires must be attended and fully extinguished when left unattended.
23. Guest(s) shall notify the property manager immediately of any issues or damages during your reservation.
24. In the event Owner is unable to make Rental Property available for any reason other than described above or a reasonable substitute as determined by Owner, Guest agrees that Owner’s sole liability as a result of this unavailability is to provide a full refund of all monies paid under this Agreement and Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any special or consequential damages which result from this unavailability. Guest also agrees to indemnify Owner from and against liability for injury to Guest or any other person occupying Rental Property resulting from any cause whatsoever including, but
not limited to, injury sustained as a result of use of the phone, spa, hot tub, sauna, whirlpool tub, pool, exercise equipment, elevator, etc. except only such a personal injury caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of the Owner.
25. Owner may terminate this Agreement upon the breach of any of the terms hereof by Guest. Guest shall not be entitled to the return of any rental monies paid under the terms of this Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately.
26. Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the state within which the Rental Property is located, including any applicable rental acts of that state, and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the county within which the Rental Property is located. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement.
27. The Rental Property may offer access to recreational and water activities, including but not limited to canoes, bicycles, and swimming. Guest fully understands and acknowledges that outdoor recreational and water activities have inherent risks, dangers and hazards.Participation in such activities and/or use of equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability. Guest agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors for any injury or damage caused by these activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Owners, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes foreseeable or unforeseeable. Guest hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether
caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the Owners or by any other person. Guest hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of Rental Property facilities, equipment, or activities. Guest further assumes full responsibility for the actions of any and all persons whom he may allow to enter the property during the rental period and indemnifies Owner from any and all claims arising from such other persons.